St Thomas' Rest Park
Saint Thomas' Rest Park
St Thomas' Rest Park is the site of the first cemetery on the North Shore. It is located on land donated for a cemetery in 1845 by Alexander Berry. He was a prominent land owner, after whom the town of Berry (NSW) was named.
Alexander Berry is entombed in St Thomas' Rest Park, along with his wife Elizabeth and her brother Edward Wollstonecraft, after whom the nearby suburb was named.
Transcribed by Cathy Dunn. Photos by Colin Choat.
North Sydney Council
1 Oct 2014
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index