Cemetery 1306 - Cooma Church Road

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Cooma Church Road

Christ Church Maneroo

Church Road

Cooma

NSW

2630

-36.260078

149.133741

Christ Church Maneroo. This Church the Foundation Stone of which was laid in 1845, is the first church to have been built in Manaro and was used as a place of regular worship until 1872. In 1936 the Church was partially restored and dedicated as a memorial to the pioneers of the district and to the Rt. Rev Bishop Broughton, First Bishop of Australia and Rev. E.G. Pryce the Pioneer Clergyman of Manaro, who were responsible for the erection of this Church. Within these grounds are recorded names of many of the early pioneers. This plaque records the complete restoration and re-hallowing of the Church in 1960. The service was a feature of the Festival of the Snows Celebrations.

50

34

1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index