Camden Anglican Church
The church cemetery forms part of the original Macarthur family endowment of 1841 of about 5 acres. The cemetery is about 1 1/4 acres in area. The first burial is believed to be that of Thomas Budd of Narellan made in March 1843. An early road used to run through the lower portion of the cemetery. This road had been used extensively by the Macarthur family but was closed some time after c1849-1850, possibly at the same time as the church was completed and consecrated. A new general cemetery for the town, at Cawdor, was dedicated in 1898, and by 1906 the church cemetery had been closed except for burials for those who had purchased the right to burial or family vaults. The cemetery however, continues in use, in particular the eastern end. A plan of recording the grave locations was initiated in 1977 and completed in 1987. The total number of recorded grave sites is approximately 1540.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index