Brownsville Anglican Church
35-37 Prince Edward Dr
St Lukes Anglican. The land was donated in 1841 and the cemetery consecrated in 1848. The earliest grave was Eleanor Cole, 1855. This is the original cemetery at Dapto with strong historical and cultural associations in the area. It contains graves of many early settlers of the Dapto region. (City of Wollongong Heritage Study, 1991)
Well maintained, some of the older stones are badly eroded.
There is no sign of vandalism or neglect.
The cemetery was photographed by John Arthur in 2008. Craig Palmer provided additional photographs and transcripts in 2014.
Just off Kanahooka Road on the right
11 May 2014
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index