544 Old Stock Route Road
Pitt Town Cemetery inscriptions date from the beginning of the 20th century. There are both monumental and lawn plaques and a small columbarium which so far bears only two inscriptions. The monuments are all upright and their inscriptions legible. The cemetery is accessed via a rough dirt track into a small clearing surrounded by trees. It is maintained in reasonable order by Council. There are no amenities.
The first burial recorded is that of Mrs Anna Pauline Hanckel (Wiese) on 26 August, 1901 [Ref: Windsor and Richmond Gazette (NSW : 1888 - 1961), Sat 31 Aug 1901, p.4]
Michael Brookhouse has contributed the digital images of all inscriptions that he made in April 2012. His pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
Pitt Town Cemetery is 2.0 km east of the village. Drive east on Eldon St/Old Pitt Town Road for 1.6km, then left onto Old Stock Route Road for 400m to the cemetery lane. The cemetery is approx 200m off the road and is not visible from the road but the entrance to it is marked.
Pitt Town cemetery is controlled by Hawkesbury City Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 146 Windsor NSW 2756; phone 02 4560 4444; email firstname.lastname@example.org
12 Jan 2013
30 Apr 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index