Scone Anglican Church
The first Anglican Church of St Luke was erected on this site in 1840 and its associated cemetery bears inscriptions dating from the same year. The details of two Thornton children who died in 1838 are inscribed on a family headstone but in all probability they are not buried at this location. The monuments in the church grounds are almost exclusively from the 19th century and many are now showing their age.
In more recent years, a columbarium was erected by the family of the late Bertha Emily Keevers in her memory and her ashes were the first to be placed in it. The grounds are maintained in excellent condition by the church.
Joe and Belinda Sharman have contributed their digital images and data of the inscriptions at St Luke's which were made during February 2010. The list of inscriptions for this cemetery has been compiled from the images and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial's online military rolls for additional information.
St Luke's Anglican Church and Cemetery is in town, on the corner of Liverpool and Hill Street, Scone.
St Luke's church is within the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle. For further information, contact the Diocesan Office, PO Box 817, Newcastle NSW 2300; phone 02 4926 3733; email: email@example.com
/docs/Scone Town Memorials page 4.pdf
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index