Cawdor Uniting Church
The locality of Cawdor, now mostly rural farmland, is about 6km south of Camden NSW. The Uniting Church and adjacent cemetery occupy land donated by the well known pioneering Macarthur family. The existing church was constructed in 1909 replacing one dating from c1850.
Cawdor Uniting Church Cemetery has been in use from about 1845 with the earliest inscription found bearing that date. Most inscriptions are clearly legible. All rows are marked. The cemetery is still in use with recent burials noted. At the time of listing it had recently been mown and in was good order with no sign of vandalism.
Also on the site are two columbarium walls displaying plaques dating from 1966.
The digital images were taken by Ray Cork during April 2009. His images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. Ray also compiled the inscription list with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for both WW1 and WW2 for additional information. Ray has also added further details based on family knowledge of many of those buried at there.
From Camden take Argyle St south from the main Camden shopping centre. At the southern end of the shopping centre Argyle St runs into Cawdor Rd. Continue south for about 6 km to the cemetery. The Uniting church is on the left hand side of the road, 2.1 km south of the Burragorang Rd intersection.
For further information, contact Cawdor Uniting Church, PO Box 391, Camden NSW 2570; email: email@example.com
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index