St Brigid's Catholic Church and Cemetery occupy a site of about 10 acres in Station Street, Branxton. The cemetery contains inscriptions dating from the early 1840s to the present day. The monuments are generally in good condition but, as is to be expected, some of the earlier ones are now difficult to read. The grounds are maintained in good order.
Ruth King has kindly supplied the images and listing for Branxton Catholic Cemetery. She made digital images of all visible inscriptions in May 2009 and these may be viewed and downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from her images and with reference to the NSW BDM indices and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
Branxton Catholic Cemetery is on the eastern side of Station Street, about 100m from the New England Highway.
Branxton falls within the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. For further information, contact the Diocesan Office, 841 Hunter Street, Newcastle West NSW 2302;
phone: 02 4979 1100
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index