Off High Road,
The cemetery in the grounds of the Anglican Church of St Philip at Warkworth contains monuments dating from 1854 to the present day. Within the cemetery is a stone monument "dedicated to the pioneering families of the region and past worshipper of [sic] Saint Philip's Church." This displays plaques naming about 100 persons, some of whom are buried in this cemetery and some in the Warkworth General Cemetery adjoining. The grave locations of others included are unknown.
In what is now just a paddock outside the church yard, are the remains of the Warkworth General Cemetery. The few marked graves date from 1854. These, and the memorial plaques, have been included in this list of inscriptions.
Ruth King visited St Philip's Cemetery and photographed every visible inscription in August 2008. Her images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. Ruth compiled that list with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
Warkworth is a rural and coal mining district on the Golden Highway, approximately 26km from Singleton. The church and cemetery is accessed via a lane off the southern end of High Road, about 250m from the Highway.
Warkworth Anglican Church and cemetery is within the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle. Further enquiries may be directed in the first instance to the Rector at 02 6571 1414 or to the Diocesan Office, PO Box 817, Newcastle NSW 2300; phone 02 4926 3733; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Nov 2008
13 Aug 2008
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index