Ulmarra General Cemetery contains portions for Anglican, Catholic, General, Baptist, Presbyterian and Methodist (Uniting Church). The earliest inscription extant is dated 1868. There is a quite a large number of sandstone monuments, many of which are becoming increasingly difficult to read. But most are upright and in good condition, with little or no evidence of vandalism.
The grounds are maintained in excellent condition and lawns regularly cut. Weeds are controlled with the use of herbicide with a wide margin sprayed around graves to make it easier to mow. There are no amenities.
Paul Fitzgerald visited Ulmarra Cemetery and photographed every visible inscription on 24 May 2008. His images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW births, deaths and marriages indices and to the Australian War Memorial military rolls for additional information.
From the Pacific Highway at Ulmarra, head east on Coldstream Road. The cemetery is 5.0km from the highway and on the left hand side of the road near the junction with Depot Road.
Ulmarra Cemetery is administered by the Clarence Valley Council. For further information, contact Council at 2 Prince Street (Locked Bag 23), Grafton NSW 2460; phone 02 6643 0200; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index