Cemetery 344 - Urunga

Urunga

Cemetery Road,

Urunga

NSW

2455

-30.510920

153.020081

Urunga General Cemetery is located in a clearing surrounded by quite dense native forest. It comprises monumental and lawn portions that display inscriptions dating from the early 20th century to the present day with the more recent graves prevalent. The earlier tablets and monuments are of marble but black granite is now most commonly found. The columbarium appears to have been erected around 1980. The whole site is maintained in excellent condition by Bellingen Shire Council.

Kevin Dee contributed his images of the inscriptions at Urunga that he made in July 2007. Sandra Cockbain has updated the record in July 2011. Kevin's and Sandra's pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list has been compiled with reference to the NSW births, deaths and marriages indices and to the Australian War Memorial military rolls for both world wars for additional information.

From the Pacific Highway at Urunga, cross the railway to the eastern side of town and head south along Hungry Head Road. At South Urunga, turn right into Cemetery Road, from which intersection it is 0.4km to the cemetery entrance.

Urunga Cemetery is administered by the Bellingen Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 117, Bellingen NSW 2454; phone: 02 6655 7300; email: council@bellingen.nsw.gov.au

www.bellingen.nsw.gov.au/

2011-08-29

2018-06-17

1116

1005

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index