Cemetery 260 - Clifton

Clifton

Cemetery Road,

Clifton

QLD

4361

-27.940100

151.917297

Clifton Cemetery was photographed and listed by John Arthur in February 2007. It comprises Protestant and Catholic portions plus a modern lawn cemetery and a recently added columbarium. The earliest inscription found in the monumental cemetery was dated 1888.

John says that the site is well maintained by Council. Lawns are mown regularly and grass and weeds around individual grave sites in the monumental portions are controlled with herbicide to present an overall neat and tidy appearance. There is no evidence of vandalism and most of the headstones are in good condition with clearly legible inscriptions.

In compiling the inscription list, reference was made to the Qld BDM online search facility and to military records for further information. John's images may be downloaded via the camera icon included at each entry on the list of inscriptions for this cemetery.

From Clifton Railway Station, proceed south along Clark Street on the eastern side of the railway line for 800 metres and turn left into Cemetery Road. From that intersection, it is 1km to the cemetery, which is on the right hand side of the road.

The cemetery is administered by the Clifton Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 74, Clifton QLD 4361; phone (07) 4697 4222.

2007-10-12

2007-02-28

1009

1007

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index