Kellys Plains Anglican
Hartys Plains Road,
The original St John's Anglican Church building at Kellys Plains was built of timber in 1896 and consecrated in 1897. It was replaced by the present brick building in 1923. Although Robert Issell Perrott and his wife, Fanny Marianne Perrott, were buried in the churchyard prior to the construction of the 1923 church, land for the cemetery proper was not donated until 1923 (by Robert Issell Perrott Jnr).
No headstones remain in the cemetery other than those mentioned above and no one seems certain of the precise location of the other graves or what happened to the other headstones. The names of the other known burials are recorded on three plaques inside the church.
The information regarding burials at this cemetery has been kindly supplied by Heather Burke. The data was collected for the "Cemeteries/Burials New England Project (2000)" initiated by Professor Iain Davidson and funded by a Research Infrastructure Block Grant, University of New England. The data was collected with the assistance of Arnold Goode (Uralla), Helen Nancarrow and Bruce Cady (Kelly's Plains), Nan Mullen (Wollomombi), Peter Chambers (Saumarez Ponds), David and Beverley Barratt (Tamworth). The images were kindly provided by Joe Sharman in June 2011.
The list of inscriptions for this cemetery was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
Kellys Plains is a locality on the railway line about 6km south of Armidale. St John's Church and Cemetery is in Hartys Plains Road near its intersection with Platform Road. Lat -30.567334, Long 151.630434
17 Jun 2011
31 Dec 2000
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index