Bishops Bridge Anglican
Established in 1860, St Andrew's Anglican Cemetery at Bishops Bridge is a well maintained small church cemetery with inscriptions dating from 1862 to the present time. A small monument erected near the entrance in March 1991 bears a plaque acknowledging the "30 years of faithful service given in the care of this Cemetery by Mrs Win Eyre and Mrs Edith Thompson". More cemeteries should have friends like these good ladies.
The images of the cemetery and its inscriptions were made by Robert Tozer in August 2003 and the inscriptions list compiled from those images in 2006 by Roma Waldron.
In compiling the list, reference was made to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages and to military records for further information.
Bishops Bridge is a village west of Maitland. From Maitland, take the New England Highway north to Rutherford, then turn south onto the Wollombi Road from where it is approximately 7km to Bishops Bridge.
St Andrew's, Bishops Bridge, is within the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle. Enquiries regarding the cemetery should be directed to the Anglican Diocesan Office.
23 Dec 2006
14 Aug 2003
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index