Branxton General Cemetery occupies a site of about 1 hectare at the western end of Dalwood Road, adjacent to Maitland Street (New England Highway). It appears to have been established in the late 1840's and exhibits inscriptions dating from the early 1850s to the present day. The grounds are well maintained by the Cessnock City Council who have erected new fencing in recent times.
Ruth King visited and photographed all the inscriptions during May 2009 and has kindly contributed her images for this page. She also compiled the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was made from her images and with reference to the NSW births, deaths and marriages indices and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
Branxton Cemetery is located off the New England Highway (Maitland Road section) between Elderslie Road and Wyndham St.
The Branxton General Cemetery is administered by the Cessnock City Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 152, Cessnock NSW 2325; phone 02 4993 4100; email email@example.com
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index