The information on this cemetery was initially supplied by Mrs Dorothy Griffey, who listed all visible inscriptions at this site in 1991. Several known but unmarked graves have been added to her original list from Council records.
Further data has been supplied by Heather Burke. The data she forwarded was collected for the "Cemeteries/Burials New England Project (2000)" initiated by Professor Iain Davidson and funded by a Research Infrastructure Block Grant, University of New England. The data was collected with the assistance of Arnold Goode (Uralla), Helen Nancarrow and Bruce Cady (Kelly's Plains), Nan Mullen (Wollomombi), Peter Chambers (Saumarez Ponds), David and Beverley Barratt (Tamworth).
On 11 October 2007, Denis Woolaston photographed every visible inscription at Ebor. This provided an opportunity, not only to upload his images, but to update the list as well.
Ebor/Guy Fawkes Cemetery is known to contain burials from 1890 but there are many unmarked and unidentified graves. Information on several unmarked graves, published on the Guyra Shire Council website – see the URL below - have been included in this list.
Denis' images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. In compiling and updating the list, reference was made to NSW BDM indexes and to military records for additional information.
Ebor is a small village, 46 km from Dorrigo on the road to Armidale, and well known for its spectacular Ebor Falls on the Guy Fawkes River.
The cemetery is administered by the Guyra Shire Council. Contact Council at PO Box 207, Guyra NSW 2365; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index