Allman Hill Historic
Allman Hill is believed to be the first burial ground established in what is now Port Macquarie. Ruth King visited and photographed the area in March 2010 and has contributed her images and list of inscriptions for this cemetery.
Information displayed at the site states that it was established following the first death recorded at the settlement - that of convict James McMahon in 1821. The present historic site consists of a small area enclosed by a wrought iron fence. In it are mounted two raised ledgers with inscriptions and two individual stones that we were unable to decipher. Little is known about other early burials at this cemetery.
Allman Hill Historic Site is at the Grant Street (eastern) end of Clarence Street, Port Macquarie. Lat -31.428489 Long 152.914195.
The historic site at Allman Hill is cared for by the Port Macquarie - Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: email@example.com
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index