Cemetery 447 - Wauchope

Update Cemetery See Inscriptions Add Inscription

Wauchope

Oxley Highway,

Wauchope

NSW

2446

-31.471846

152.708817

Wauchope General Cemetery contains inscriptions dating from 1920. Denominational portions are clearly marked with row numbering in all areas. Grave numbers are visible in some areas. There are three columbaria and also a Memorial Garden for returned service personnel, established by the Wauchope RSL Sub-branch. At the time of listing, the cemetery was in good order with no sign of vandalism but in need of mowing. There are no facilities provided other than town water.

The digital images were taken by Ray Cork between February and April 2009. His pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. Ray compiled that list with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for both WW1 and WW2 for additional information.

From Wauchope town centre take the Oxley Highway west for 3 km. The cemetery is on the southern side of the highway.

Wauchope General Cemetery is administered by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: council@pmhc.nsw.gov.au

www.hastings.nsw.gov.au/

7 May 2009

30 Apr 2009

2806

2801

1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index