This tiny Catholic cemetery complements the general cemetery not far distant. The earliest burial we found commemorated here was dated 1858. The cemetery is still in use with one burial as recent as 2002. The area where the later graves are located is reasonably clear but the older graves are very overgrown. There are many unmarked burials.
Reg & Jean McDonell first listed this cemetery in September 2002 and updated in June 2004. The list was compiled from digital images and notes made of every visible inscription and with reference to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages and to the death and funeral notices and obituaries published in the Mudgee Guardian & Gulgong Advertiser.
Hargraves, formerly known as Louisa Creek, is 40km from Mudgee along the Hill End Road. From the village, turn onto the Gundowda Road (beside the park) then take the first road to the right and the first right again. Proceed past the waste transfer station for several hundred metres when the cemetery will be seen off to the right hand side.
Hargraves is within the Cathlic Diocese of Bathurst. Enquiries should be directed to the Chancery Office, 84 George Street (PO Box 246), Bathurst NSW 2785 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
16 Jan 2006
4 Jun 2004
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index