Laurieton General Cemetery contains portions for Anglican, Catholic, Presbyterian, Uniting Church and Other Denominations. On site are also three columbaria that have not yet been photographed but we hope to add the plaque details soon.
Sandra and Warren Cockbain visited the cemetery in September 2008 and made digital images of all visible monumental inscriptions. They found memorials dating from 1896. The grounds were in good condition and well maintained by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council.
Sandra and Warren's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. They prepared that list from the images and with reference to the NSW BDM indices and Australian War Memorial rolls for additional information.
From Laurieton village take Kew Road (Ocean Drive) towards West Haven and Kendall for 0.7km to the cemetery lane, which is on the southern (left hand) side of the road.
Laurieton Cemetery is administered by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Dec 2008
30 Sep 2008
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index