The little Catholic Cemetery at Havilah is badly overgrown and long neglected. It contains grave markers from as early as 1859, when 46 years old Thomas Milton died after being bitten by a centipede. Most of the engravings are still legible, some in excellent condition - but others are eroding or flaking. We failed to identify only one of the inscriptions.
Jean and Reg McDonell visited the cemetery on 23 May 2008 and made digital images of every visible inscription. These may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. The list was compiled with reference to the NSW BDM indices for additional information and with the kind assistance of local researcher, Lynne Robinson.
From Mudgee, take the Ulan Road north over the Cudgegong River then the first right onto the Lue Road. It is 18 km from this junction to the cemetery which is on the right hand side of the road about 400m before reaching the bridge over Lawsons Creek. Take care: the road is winding, narrow and has little shoulder in the area of the cemetery.
It is not known who now has responsibility for the cemetery that was originally established on private land.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index