Cemetery 360 - Chinderah

Chinderah

Cudgen General

Chinderah Road,

Chinderah

NSW

2487

-28.246479

153.553650

This long-closed small cemetery contains markers dating from 1872 to 1960. Included amongst them is a number of headstones that were removed to this site from a nearby property. A plaque mounted in the grounds explains:

"For their preservation & historical significance, the headstones and relics in this section have been moved to this dedicated cemetery area from various sites on private property 300 metres to the south-south east of this spot." Then follows a list of 14 persons known to have been buried in that area.

Peter Arthur has contributed digital images he made of every visible inscription in June 2008. His images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW BDM index for further information. A number of those commemorated here, however, could not be found on that index.

Heading south from Tweed Heads, leave the highway at the second exit after crossing the Tweed River. The cemetery is on the right hand side of the road, almost opposite Morton Street.

2008-07-23

2008-06-17

27

27

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index