Diamantina River Road
This Cemetery is one of the few relics of the town of Collingwood, which was intended to become a major centre to service pastoral development in the the Diamantina region. The settlement was estabished from 1874 but it never thrived, due to the growrh of the town of Winton. Collingwood was abandoned by about 1900.
Through the years of its existence, people who died at the settlement or nearly were buried in the Cemetery. Those whose names appear on the Plaque are know to have their graves here, but there were probably other buriels for which no record has survived. Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane visited the Cemetery in April 2014.
Take the Boulia Road from Winton for 51 Klms, turn left onto the Diamantina River Road for 4.6 Klms, then left to the Cemetery
Winton Shire Council, P.O. Box 288, 75 Vindex Street, Winton. Queensland. 4735
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index