Singleton Convent of Mercy Cemetery
Address: 30 Queen Street, Singleton 2330 NSW
Singleton Convent of Mercy was established by a group of Sisters of Mercy from Ennis, Ireland in 1875 and it remains the Mother house of the Mercy sisters in the Hunter region with a resident community. The beautifully maintained cemetery on the site contains the graves of 268 members of the Order, including the Foundress and several of the pioneering Sisters who arrived in 1875.
Margaret O'Neill has kindly contributed the images she made of every inscription in the cemetery in October 2011. Margaret's pictures may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled by Roma Waldron from Margaret's pictures and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
For further information, contact Singleton Mercy Convent, 30 Queen Street, Singleton NSW 2330; phone 02 6572 2398; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 268
The listing was last updated on 2011-11-15
The listing was complete as at 2011-10-15
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.