Address: Jundah - Quilpie Road Jundah 4736 QLD
Jundah Cemetery appears to have been established around 1880. The earliest inscription extant is dated 1886 - some three years after Jundah was gazetted as a town. Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane visited the site in May 2011 and have contributed the digital images they made of every visible inscription. Peter described the cemetery as well fenced and in neat and tidy condition. It incorporates a shelter with table and bench seating. The monuments are generally in good condition and legible.
Peter's images may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the Queensland online indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
Jundah Cemetery is 1.4km east of town on the southern side of Jundah - Quilpie Road. Lat -24.835933, Long 143.07096
For further information, contact Barcoo Shire Council, PO Box 14, Jundah Qld 4736; phone: 07 4658 6900; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 88
The listing was last updated on 2011-06-17
The listing was complete as at 2011-05-22
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.