Cemetery 741 - Jerilderie

Jerilderie

Conargo Road,

Jerilderie

NSW

2716

-35.346970

145.695236

Jerilderie General Cemetery appears to have been established around 1870, the earliest marker extant being dated 1873. The monumental cemetery is divided into denominational portions for Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian and Wesleyan. A lawn cemetery was added to the site in the late 1980s. A small columbarium memorial wall as yet has very few plaques.

Jane Ison has contributed the images she took of every visible inscription in September and October 2010. Jane says that "the cemetery is well maintained and well signposted. There is no evidence of recent vandalism but some indication of damage in earlier times. Some attempt has been made to indicate graves for those involved in the Ned Kelly siege but there are inconsistencies between (what is recorded on those markers) and the NSW BDM index. There are no toilets on site."

Jane's images may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.

Jerilderie Cemetery is 3.5km west of town on the northern side of Conargo Road. Lat -35.347715, Long 145.694758

Jerilderie Cemetery is administered by Jerilderie Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at 35 Jerilderie Street, Jerilderie NSW 2716; phone 03 5886 1200; email: mail@jerilderie.nsw.gov.au

www.jerilderie.nsw.gov.au/

2011-11-18

2010-10-31

1025

1025

Location of cemetery

Functions

Update this Cemetery

Add an Inscription to this Cemetery

See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery

Add a Cemetery

Contact Australian Cemeteries Index