Comboyne General Cemetery
Address: O'Sullivans Lane, Comboyne 2429 NSW
Comboyne General Cemetery occupies a narrow but deep site and is divided into portions comprising Anglican, Catholic, Presbyterian, Uniting and Other Denominations. Inscriptions extant date from 1906. A columbarium located near the cemetery entrance appears to have been erected in the 1980s. The monuments are generally in good order and, although lichen growth is a widespread problem, the inscriptions are mostly legible.
Stephen Billingham has contributed the images he made of all visible inscriptions during 1909 and 1910. He found the site well fenced and the grounds maintained by Council to a high standard. Stephen's pictures may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Autralian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
From Comboyne, head south east on Comboyne Road for 5.6km then turn right into O'Sullivans Lane for 200m to the cemetery entrance. Lat -31.578347, Long 152.499672
Comboyne Cemetery is administered by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84 Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 316
The listing was last updated on 2011-04-25
The listing was complete as at 2010-12-31
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.