Off Armidale-Kempsey Road,
Bellbrook Cemetery dates from the turn of the 20th century, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1894. It occupies a sloping site about 1km from town and is divided into Anglican and Roman Catholic portions. It is entirely monumental and, except for two, the headstones are upright and generally legible. The grounds are maintained in good order by Kempsey Shire Council.
Joe Sharman visited the site in September 2010 and has contributed the digital images of every visible inscription. The list of inscriptions for this cemetery has been compiled from Joe's pictures and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
From Bellbrook, take the Armidale-Kempsey Road west for 500m to the cemetery lane on the left hand side of the road. The cemetery is 350m from the road. Lat -30.816738 Long 152.498109
For further information, contact Kempsey Shire Council, PO Box 78, West Kempsey NSW 2440; phone 02 6566 3200; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index