Alpha Cemetery Road,
Alpha Cemetery appears to have been established around the end of the 19th century, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1897. Almost without exception, the monuments are in good condition, upright and legible. The grounds are maintained in excellent order by Barcaldine Regional Council, grass cut and weeds around the graves controlled with herbicide. A shelter with seating and tank water is provided. There is as yet no columbarium on the site.
Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane visited and photographed Alpha Cemetery in September 2010. They compiled the list of inscriptions for this cemetery from their images and notes to which additional information has been added by reference to the Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls.
Alpha Cemetery Road runs west off the Clermont-Alpha Road north of the railway line from where it is approximately 1km to the cemetery. Lat -23.645437, Long 146.629634
For further information, contact Barcaldine Regional Council, PO Box 191 Barcaldine QLD 4725; phone 07 4651 5600; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index