Bowraville General Cemetery
Address: Gumbayngirr Road, Bowraville 2449 NSW
Bowraville General Cemetery is a monumental cemetery comprising four denominational portions - Anglican, Catholic, Methodist and Presbyterian. Also in the cemetery grounds is a columbarium designated the McKay/Mackay Memorial Wall that exhibits over 70 plaques, most of which are either McKays/Mackays or relatives of this large Bowraville family.
Inscriptions found date from 1873 to the present day. The monuments are mostly in good condition and legible although lichen is a problem in some cases. The grounds are well maintained by Nambucca Shire Council.
Sandra Cockbain has contributed images of every visible inscription that she made in July 2010. Her pictures may be viewed from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW and Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
From Bowraville, head south on High Street for 1km, turn right into Carbin Street and left into South Arm Road and slight left into Gumbayngirr Road, from where it is 700m to the cemetery. Lat -30.658948 Long 152.846153
Bowraville Cemetery is administered by Nambucca Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 177 Macksville NSW 2447; phone 02 6568 2555; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 1205
The listing was last updated on 2010-10-03
The listing was complete as at 2010-07-04
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.