St Judes Street,
St Joseph's Catholic Cemetery at Willunga contains inscriptions dating from the 1860's. Included is one for the reinterred remains of an unknown man who died about 1840 and was buried in unconsecrated land adjoining the church. The cemetery also includes the vandalised remains of a number of monuments for Little Sisters of the Poor which, at the request of the Sisters, were relocated from the West Terrace Cemetery. A columbarium was added about 1990 and gardens established for the interment of ashes several years later.
Kellie Bullen visited the Willunga Catholic Cemetery during June 2009 and made digital images of every visible inscription. She found the grounds to be well cared for and the monuments upright and legible. Kellie's pictures may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. The list was compiled with reference to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
For further information, contact the Parish Secretary, PO Box 14, Willunga 5172; phone 08 8556 2132; email: email@example.com
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index