Kendall General Cemetery
Address: Albert Street, Kendall 2439 NSW
Kendall General Cemetery occupies a small hillside site surrounded by trees on all sides. Earliest inscriptions date from 1890 and the cemetery is still in use with recent burials noted. At the time of listing it was recently mowed and in good order with no sign of vandalism. There are no facilities provided other than town water.
Each row in the General (Lawn) area is identified and all graves are numbered. In the monumental areas, there are no visible row or grave numbers. There is a small columbarium.
The digital images were taken by Ray Cork during September 2008. His images may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery.. Ray also compiled the inscription list with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for both WW1 and WW2.
How to find it
Kendall Cemetery is about 1km west of Kendall township. From the war memorial, take Albert St west from the township. The cemetery access road is on the left of Albert St, at the point where it becomes Kendall Forest Road, and is well signposted.
Kendall General Cemetery is administered by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 695
The listing was last updated on 2008-12-01
The listing was complete as at 2008-09-30
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.