Cobram General Cemetery
Address: Cemetery Road, Cobram East 3644 VIC
Cobram Cemetery contains a monumental section divided into denominational portions of Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic and Seventh Day Adventist. Inscriptions on these monuments date from 1861. The stones are mostly in good condition and legible.
There is also a modern lawn cemetery that appears to have commenced around the mid-1980s. The columbarium contains plaques dated from 1982. A mausoleum has been erected with funding from the local Italian community.
John Arthur visited the cemetery and made digital images of every visible inscription in August 2007. His images may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from his images and with reference to the Australian War Memorial online nominal rolls for both world wars for additional information.
How to find it
Cobram is a town with a population of nearly 5000 people on the Murray River in north-eastern Victoria. Cemetery Road runs north off the Murray Valley Highway, from where it is just 0.3km to the cemetery.
Cobram Cemetery is administered by the Cobram Cemetery Trust. For further enquiries, contact the Trust at PO Box 623, Cobram VIC 3643; phone 04 1830 6265 or 03 5871 1563; email: email@example.com
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 2015
The listing was last updated on 2008-10-10
The listing was complete as at 2007-08-27
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.