Address: Cemetery Road, Lockhart 2656 NSW Inscriptions for Lockhart Cemetery
Lockhart General Cemetery is divided into Anglican, Catholic, General, Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian portions. There is also a lawn cemetery on the site, for details of which see under Lockhart Lawn Cemetery.
The monumental cemetery is maintained in excellent order by the Lockhart Shire Council and contains inscriptions dating from 1891. The monuments are generally in good order and erect. These have all been photographed by Dawn and John Smith who have contributed their digital images of every visible inscription made over a period of several weeks during mid-2008. We would also like to express our appreciation to the Lockhart Shire Council for access to their records of burial. As was expected, over 30 per cent of all known burials at this location are, at least now, unmarked.
Dawn's and John's images may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled from those images and Council records and with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and the Australian War Memorial nominal rolls of service men and women for both world wars for additional information.
How to find it
From the centre of town, head east along Green Street and continue on Lockhart Road for a further 1.7km to Cemetery Road.
The Lockhart Cemetery is administered by the Lockhart Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at 69 Green Street (PO Box 21), Lockhart NSW 2656; phone: 02 6920 5305; email: email@example.com
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 1,334
The number of inscriptions with headstone image(s) is 919
The listing was last updated on 2008-09-14
The listing was complete as at 2008-08-15
Most Common SurnamesSort by name
Updating this information
If you have any suggestions for additions or corrections to this information, please contact Peter Olsen