The Gresford Anglican Cemetery is located in the grounds of St Anne's Anglican Church. It comprises a monumental cemetery with inscriptions dating from 1851 and 2 columbaria with plaques dating from 1957. The earliest burial predates the present church building by several years. The church's 150th year was celebrated in 2006 with the placement of a time capsule in the columbarium, to be opened in July 2056. The cemetery site is maintained in excellent condition.
Ruth King visited and photographed all visible inscriptions in February 2008. Her images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW birth, death and marriage indices and to the Australian War Memorial nominal rolls for additional information
St Anne's Church is within the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle. Enquiries regarding the cemetery should be directed to the Diocesan Office, Newcastle.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index