The Bucketts Way,
This early cemetery, within the grounds of the Anglican Church of St John the Evangelist, contains graves dating from 1836. Unfortunately, the early records were lost due to a church fire in the late 1860s. The monuments include a number of sandstone headstones that are mostly in good order and legible. St. John’s graveyard is maintained by St. John’s Church Parish Council.
The epitaphs were listed and digital images made of every visible inscription by Paul Fitzgerald in March 2008. He was able to include about 50 unmarked graves from library records. Paul's images may be downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW BDM indices for further information.
The Church of St John and its cemetery are in The Bucketts way, Stroud, opposite Church Street.
Anyone who finds they have an ancestor listed in the St. John's Anglican cemetery may be interested in the information on the Friends of St John's Stroud website.
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery