Camberwell Anglican Church Cemetery
Address: Glennies Creek Road, Camberwell 2330 NSW Inscriptions for Camberwell Anglican Church Cemetery
The Camberwell Cemetery is located within the grounds of the beautifully restored old Anglican Church of St Clement. It contains inscriptions dating from as early as 1860 up to the present day. A more recent addition is a small columbarium that exhibits plaques dating from 1969.
Ruth King visited the cemetery in January 2008 and made digital images of every visible inscription. She found several fallen stones but, generally, the monuments were in good order and the grounds well maintained. Some of the old stones are fine examples of the high degree of skill possessed by stone masons of the 19th century.
Ruth's images may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list has been compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
Camberwell is a small town in an open-cut coal mining area about 14km west of Singleton. The Anglican Church and Cemetery are located just off the New England Highway west of the village.
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 225
The number of inscriptions with headstone image(s) is 225
The listing was last updated on 2008-04-11
The listing was complete as at 2008-01-31
Most Common SurnamesSort by name
Updating this information
If you have any suggestions for additions or corrections to this information, please contact Peter Olsen