Tullamore General Cemetery
Address: Tullamore-Tottenham Road, Tullamore 2874 NSW
The Tullamore General Cemetery contains denominational portions for Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian and Roman Catholic. In recent years, a columbarium has been erected but is as yet little used. The grounds were in tidy condition; there are no facilities.
Ruth King visited, photographed and listed the Tullamore Cemetery in November 2007. She found inscriptions dating from 1905 but there are comparatively few markers before the 1930s. A number of markers have been erected over the graves of World War 1 soldiers but the tiny name tabs are virtually unreadable and we were able to positively identify only one. It would be nice to see this rectified.
Ruth's images may be downloaded from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW BDM indexes and military records for additional information.
How to find it
From the railway station, head north along Cardigan Street/Tullamore-Narromine Road for 2.6km. Turn left onto the Tottenham Road. The cemetery is 0.8km from that intersection on the corner of Alagala Road.
Tullamore General Cemetery is within the Parkes Shire Council area and is administered by a Trust. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 337, Parkes NSW 2870; phone: 02 6861 2333; email: email@example.com
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 372
The listing was last updated on 2008-01-29
The listing was complete as at 2007-11-15
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.